Monday, June 30, 2008

Camping Hangover

I had a splendid weekend. And my annual dosage of sun. I didn't burn but my body is feeling burnt out. I have a headache and lethargicness that has carried over to today.

I have so many people to thank for cards and messages. So if you don't hear a response right away please understand.

I feel loved. :)

The trip was great. Other than a 20 minutes sprinkle we somehow evaded the rain.

Some highlights:

- It was the first anniversary of my 21st birthday
- Austin surprising me with a LOLcats cake
- Moth in my ear... seriously. Woke me up and made me paranoid
- Tom's homemade beer and hotdogs
- Canoeing (for the first time)
- Crazy bear noises at sunrise...
- Saw an otter, some baby gators and lots of fish!

I really wish I could canoe... more... I hope so.

Didn't make it to rocksprings because it was closed due to overcrowding. That sucked but I still enjoyed Wekiva.

Every time I go camping I surprise myself with how much I enjoy it. I think I get back to my woods days of yore. I used to be a woods brat back in PA before Moni moved away.

Okay now I have to start calling people...

lata gata - Sheila

No comments: