Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Oh Grumpy Day!

So a bit of a funk is carrying over from yesterday. I know.. how bi-polar! But I'm fighting it.

Basically yesterday wasn't bad until book club meeting time. Where only me and Bald Becky showed up.

But I can't get too down on myself... it was hailing dogs and cats and I know at least 4 others read the book but due to hw and work got in the way of them coming.

It just sucked driving all the way to downtown with becky in the car. And noone else showing up.


Two resolutions:

-Set the location a week before so that if there's no downtown people I can have it up here
-figure out some local advertising
-Don't get down because these things happen in the world of book clubs.


So we came home and I ate badly and drank homemade beer and hung out with the roomies, becky and new dude Bobby. I shouldn't get too down, it was fun.

Just started the club to discuss books, read and meet new people. At least one of those was managed. Though I had a nice discussion with Becky.

I also managed to be unproductive... which is bad. I have overdue projects.

Either way I refuse to let this funk carry over today. So I'm "hunkering" down.

On the bright side I was welcomed with a birthday party yesterday at work! The cake had a bearded lady on it. You see it was a "Goodbye Priscilla, Hello Red Beard (our new task software that we built), Happy Birthday Sheila" cake.

It was nice. We also had pizza.

Hence the groan in the diet department.

But it was sweet.

Literally - S

No comments: