Monday, June 23, 2008

Oh Happy Day

Things have been awesome... lets do a quick update:

1. Blues and Soul Experience


Was amazing! Talk about loving friends, good auras and awesome dances. The caliber of dancing was just so amazing and it has been one of the most beneficial dance experiences I have had in a long time.

I don't know if it just came at the right time for me... what with me being gone from dance for the last month, and really the general disconnect I have felt from it, but it was the right medicine for my dance "blues". Ha!

I haven't always been a fan or the blues but I really gained a greater understanding appreciation for it. I think it also helps the Orlando Blues scene has greatly matured. I'm gonna try to go to late nights more often.

I only got molested once! ;P

It was just an overall fun weekend.. and super cool that I could sleep in my own bed! Went to every dance except for one due to work. Which made me sad because I wanted to hear the band, Band of Brothers. But duty called. Danced from 3pm to 5am on Saturday!

And the best part of the weekend? And I know I keep on raving about it... but my body due to Yoga was AWESOME! I felt confident, I felt flexible, and rarely sore! Heck I felt Sexy! It's like my miracle drug. I've been getting in to it so much lately and its really been life changing. I barely felt sore all weekend. My knee only hurt a little the last dance due to sticky shoes.

It was just a nice weekend... I got to dance, drink some beer, and just hang out. Pretty stress free and pretty awesome. I needed it :)


My dance is definitely at the next level...

2. General Happiness

Just a lot of good things going on in my life despite the usual day to day stress. Just working out, being productive and reading as much as possible.

Class started today, Flash Game Design. Shall be interesting... I'm not a big fan of Flash. Shall be hard... but necessary to learn better.

3. Random Happenings:

- Tom the roommate made 5 gallons of beer that is yummy.
- Camping for my Birthday.
- Tom the roommate made 5 gallons of wine that is very alcoholic.
- Made stew today! So excited. I've been thrifty in the kitchen.
- Working with one of my freelance client. Going well. Hoping to pick up at least one more before the summer is out.
- Working on designing the ORLX site... I've been a bit stuck.
- doing a hundred pushup challenge.
- EVERYTHING seems to be planned for July 4th weekend...


Really I need to go work on ORLX.

Y.A.W.E.R.S. Meets tomorrow!

- S

No comments: